Theres A Reason Why Chocolate Is Good For You
Welcome to RBO-Health. I put this site together to help educate us on various health issues and different ways to stay healthy.
To your health!
Some topics that I've included are:
Rumors have been constantly circulating around the assumption that chocolate is not healthy and that it does not benefit people eating it much. According to some of these rumors, chocolate has high calories which result to excessive body fats that could clog the arteries.
However, all of these are still up to now, rumors. Nothing conclusive has definitely been said that nails down every bit of chocolate on earth as unhealthy. For chocolate lovers out there who cannot survive going for days without their favorite, you have to know that eating chocolate in moderation brings about a lot of health benefits. In addition, constant research has generated facts that there is a variety of reasons that it is good for you.
Since chocolate is often regarded as a sinful, decadent delight because of its delicious taste and texture, it may be quite hard to hold on to the idea that it has health benefits. Nevertheless, here are some of the things behind the delicious chocolate, which sufficiently concludes it as beneficial for everyone:
1. Chocolate has vitamins that are important for our bodies to function properly. It has been discovered that it has components of Vitamins A, B1, C, D E
2. Even with its enthralling velvety texture, chocolate contains minerals such as potassium, calcium, iron.
3. It can also be a great help in reducing the risk of getting heart diseases because high blood pressure is significantly lessened due to the flavonoids in cocoa, a basic ingredient of chocolate. The flavonoids help in significantly keeping body fats from blocking the arteries.
4. These flavonoids also contain antioxidants that have been known to reduce the risk of cancer.
5. Chocolate has nitric oxide that helps in blood pressure maintenance and heart sustenance.
6. There have been findings that chocolate brings about blood thinning, similar to the effects of a small dosage of aspirin. This is a factor in keeping the free flow of blood in the system and lessens the development of clotting. However, one must not consider substituting aspirin with chocolate.
7. Aside from being beneficial to the heart and blood, many have observed that consuming chocolate brightens up their mood and keep them on a positive mindset throughout the day. Increased happiness and alertness is generally seen, as well as the capacity to reduce pain. Chocolate has caffeine, Theobromine, tyramine and phenylethylamine that contributes to decrease of fatigue. These also give an extra boost of energy needed to get through the day. Cannabinoids are also found in chocolate, which gives off a happy and safe feeling.
These are but five of the concrete healthy aspects that are seen in chocolate. Still, a lot of research is ongoing to find out more about why chocolate is not only sinfully delicious but also beneficial for people's well-being.
Of all the findings though, the antioxidant findings is the best one yet. Even if this would be the only good thing about chocolate, it still would bring about the fact that consuming chocolate in moderation is not a sin but a healthy habit. As we are all aware of now, antioxidants aids in stopping the negative effects of free radicals in the body. Eating fruits and vegetables is very advisable to get sufficient antioxidants and reduce the risks of cancer. Now, eating chocolate can be advised as well!